From: Lovre on
Hi all.

How do i implement a CIC filter in C? I am using ARM to collect some data
with ADC, and now i would like to filter it with CIC filter.
I find data about cic, but its mostly theoretical, and i dont really know
how to implement it in practice....

From: Steve Pope on
Lovre <lovre.bosnjak(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> How do i implement a CIC filter in C? I am using ARM to collect
> some data with ADC, and now i would like to filter it with
> CIC filter. I find data about cic, but its mostly theoretical,
> and i dont really know how to implement it in practice....

It is straightforward to implement a CIC filter from the
original papers.

I am curious, why are you chosing this particular filter structure?

Steve
From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

Lovre wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> How do i implement a CIC filter in C? I am using ARM to collect some data
> with ADC, and now i would like to filter it with CIC filter.
> I find data about cic, but its mostly theoretical, and i dont really know
> how to implement it in practice....

http://www.embedded.com/columns/technicalinsights/160400592?_requestid=186457

Vladimir Vassilevsky
DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant
http://www.abvolt.com
From: Lovre on
>Lovre <lovre.bosnjak(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> How do i implement a CIC filter in C? I am using ARM to collect
>> some data with ADC, and now i would like to filter it with
>> CIC filter. I find data about cic, but its mostly theoretical,
>> and i dont really know how to implement it in practice....
>
>It is straightforward to implement a CIC filter from the
>original papers.
>
>I am curious, why are you chosing this particular filter structure?
>
>Steve

Well, im told it is the best way for noise shaping, and i have a narrow
band which i need to filter out of a much wider, so the quantisation noise
is killing my bits :o