From: enelson13 on
Did anyone ever resolve this issue. I am trying to write to a similir
image sensor and not receiving the ACK. I am using a bit bang I2C
implementation. I have reviewed the image sensor timings and I am well
within spec.

Thanks,
Elliott

---------------------------------------
From: Paul Carpenter on
In article <ie2dnXh0v4F10LfRnZ2dnUVZ_vmdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>,
elliott.nelson(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.charter.net says...
> Did anyone ever resolve this issue. I am trying to write to a similir
> image sensor and not receiving the ACK. I am using a bit bang I2C
> implementation. I have reviewed the image sensor timings and I am well
> within spec.

Which timings have you checked? Video or I2C?

I would actually suggesting capturing your I2C communications on
a digital scope and checking what is happening and that your are sending
the right information.

Often these sorts of problems end up as

Incorrect bit pattern (address/data)
Incorrect waiting for bit times
incorrect or open connections
incorrect voltage levels used
incorrect I2C termination
incorrect oscillator on imager
Some other configuration on the imager missing/wrong

It is very, very rarely the device at fault, sometimes the documentation.

--
Paul Carpenter | paul(a)pcserviceselectronics.co.uk
<http://www.pcserviceselectronics.co.uk/> PC Services