From: Patriot on
Sorry for the cross-post as my post in dotnet.framework and Interop
have no takers.

Could anyone help me how to create a COM ActiveX which after this
object is loaded on a browser, other window programs can access its
public methods?

I have created a simple activeX in VB.net with a winform that has 4
textboxes, exposed its method as COM. After the loading this object
on
the browser, I have another window app to call its method:

Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) _
Handles Button1.Click

Dim xControl As Object

xControl =
Microsoft.VisualBasic.CreateObject("ActiveXDotNetVB.MyControl")
xControl.SetMailForm("myem...(a)comp.com", "hisem...(a)domain.com",
"Test Me...", "Blah is testing...")

End Sub

What it is supposed to do is to populate the 4 text boxes on the
browser. Though I got no exception from the codes above, but nothing
is populated the 4 text boxes on the browser. It seems that the
xControl is a separate entity and knows nothing about the activeX
loaded on the browser. How can I make this works?

Thanks

------------
Here is my class:

Public Interface AxMyControl
Sub SetMailForm(ByVal EmailAddress As String, _
ByVal Recipient As String, _
ByVal Subject As String, _
ByVal Body As String)
End Interface

Public Class MyControl
Implements AxMyControl

Public Sub SetMailForm(ByVal EmailAddress As String, _
ByVal Recipient As String, _
ByVal Subject As String, _
ByVal Body As String) Implements
AxMyControl.SetMailForm