From: Robert Flanagan on
Is there a way via vba code to list the COM add-ins running in Excel?

Bob

From: Chip Pearson on
Try something like

Dim CAI As Office.COMAddIn
For Each CAI In Application.COMAddIns
If CAI.Connect = True Then
Debug.Print CAI.Description, CAI.progID
End If
Next CAI

This will list both COM Add-Ins that are installed and connected for
the current user (which will be listed in the COM Add-Ins dialog) as
well as CAIs that are loaded for all users (not listed in the CAI
dialog).

If you want a list of all CAIs, not just those currently loaded, get
rid of the If conditional in the code.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

From: Mike H on
Hi,

Try this

Sub List_Addins()
Dim x As Long
x = 1
For Each Wb In Application.AddIns
Cells(x, 1) = Wb.Name
x = x + 1
Next Wb
End Sub

--
Mike

question.

From: Chip Pearson on
That lists XLA and XLL add-ins, not COM add-ins.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

From: Robert Flanagan on
Thanks Chip. I ran the code and it listed two COM add-ins. When I clicked
on the COM Add-ins button one can add to a toolbar, only one of the two are
listed in the dialog. The other is not. What does that mean?

Bob