From: Jukka K. Korpela on
Scripsit Dooing(a)gmx.de:

>> Why? The notion that all tables are bad is wrong.
>
> Why? Because I am just trying to practice.

Then you should have told us that this is just an exercise in futility,
rather than using CSS in authoring for the WWW, which is the topic area of
this group.

There might be some sense in writing CSS code that presents an element (not
marked up as table) in a tabular manner, using the table-related values of
the display property and other CSS constructs - but seldom in the WWW
context at present, since the dominant browser ignores those table-related
values.

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

From: Sherm Pendley on
Dooing(a)gmx.de writes:

>> Why? The notion that all tables are bad is wrong.
>
> Why? Because I am just trying to practice.

Careful with that - if you practice bad ideas, you'll use them when it
counts out of habit.

sherm--

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2