From: Retro Depot on
First off, I'm new to this group, thanks for taking the time to read this.
Now, this 35" RCA is driving me nuts and I'm questionning my ability here.
The problem this set has is as follows. With any input, (rf, composite), the
video is distorted, I mean, the image has what look like 60 cycle hum bars,
not moving, just there, couple of inches from top n bottom. It'll lose
vertical sync sometimes if channel is changed. Chroma either disappears or
is severely shifted. Skin tones go from normal to almost flourescent green.
Horizontal width is affected slightly on the right, (1/4 - 1/2" black,
slight pincushion, not enough to suspect pin circuit though, probably due to
this irritating problem.) The jungle has been swapped as a result of the
'shotgun' approach suggested to me, I have the schematic, it's not helping.
Am I missing something very basic?
Please help.
Cheers, Steve

From: John-Del on
Open the pip board and check for the "brown trots". If it has it,
you'll know it.

John

From: Retro Depot on
Here's the kicker John, I've swapped the PIP module, (which on this chassis
is huge, approx. 5x7"), with another yet smaller PIP module and same result.
I'm aware that with time these rubber stand-offs or feet degrade and 'flow',
but these were healthy. That extreme hue shift and color saturation have me
stumped more than the geometry issues. I've serviced many 169's but this
ones got me beat. Keep up with possibilities, I'll try each suggestion.
Cheers, Steve

From: kip on
Have you changed CR4118 ...try it.

From: Steve on