From: Here In Oregon on
Just kidding, I just did what Glennbo did a year ago in the Cakewalk forums.

Yesterday, during my research I noticed in different forums that there is a
tide of Cubase, Pro Tools and Sonar evacuees who are relocating to the Isle
of Cockos.
So for grins I went over to the Sonar forum and typed in Reaper and got some
hits including the one where Glennbo said what my subject said above but
also a couple of videos that he posted that now have bad links regarding
Reaper. I assume he took them down and that the links are now defunct.

However, some of you might remember around three years ago I was over there
and I made a few suggestions in an Open Letter to Cakewalk along with
complimenting them for a job well done. Well the fanboys started attacking
me and there was this snowball effect because I was too busy at the time to
dance with them because I had this engineer here who I flew out for eight
weeks to help me build my current studio and he was costing me a fortune.
They wanted me to explain my issue in detail and I just couldn't take the
time.

Well finally I said maybe I will post our notes and said I never meant to
release these to the public. They kept putting me down so around midnight I
posted our notes about saving stuff in Sonar. Well immediately they accused
me of plagiarizing my notes from either a manual or somewhere on the net and
I admit they were detailed and quite lengthy. I assured them however that
97-98 percent was all original writing about how to save files in Sonar.
The next day many people came to my defense and the fanboys were put into
place and most were kind of apologizing and some posters were saying my
notes were great and they were filing them away for archival purposes.

So yesterday and again for grins I revisit that thread to see how arrogant I
must have been and when I get to my notes they have put what looks like some
kind of hieroglyphics throughout to make it almost unreadable.

This was never like this before when I checked it three times in the past
and as recent as a year ago. Why did they do this now? I also noticed
where I make a suggestion in another post in a different thread this occurs
as well but never when I am not making suggestions or telling them how
convoluted something might be.

For those in the know scroll down to almost 3/4s down the page to Here In
Oregon in this link on May 13, 2007 12:15 AM.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?high=&m=1046026&mpage=1#1048448

Thank you for your time and I am curious to get your thoughts. I did cut
and paste from *my* original word document the saving part but even the
opening four paragraphs have this stuff in it. Maybe one of you programmers
can tell me what is going on. Again I am just curious.

From: Nil on
On 19 Mar 2010, "Here In Oregon" <HIO(a)nospam.net> wrote in
cakewalk.audio:

> For those in the know scroll down to almost 3/4s down the page to
> Here In Oregon in this link on May 13, 2007 12:15 AM.
>
> http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?high=&m=1046026&mpage=1#1048448
>
> Thank you for your time and I am curious to get your thoughts. I
> did cut and paste from *my* original word document the saving part
> but even the opening four paragraphs have this stuff in it. Maybe
> one of you programmers can tell me what is going on. Again I am
> just curious.

That's the problem, that you pasted the text from a Word document. MS
Word used "smart quotes" (the opening one is upside down) and other
characters that don't have ASCII equivalents. If by "they" you meant
the Cakewalk people, they didn't do it. You would have been better off
turning off that feature before creating the document (it's in the
Autocorrect feature settings), but now you'd have to do a search-and-
replace for the upside down single and double quote marks.

Your post is a little hard to read, but not all that bad.
From: Ben Goldman on
Nil let loose with the following tirade:

> On 19 Mar 2010, "Here In Oregon" <HIO(a)nospam.net> wrote in
> cakewalk.audio:
>
> > For those in the know scroll down to almost 3/4s down the page to
> > Here In Oregon in this link on May 13, 2007 12:15 AM.
> >
> > http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?high=&m=1046026&mpage=1#1048448
> >
> > Thank you for your time and I am curious to get your thoughts. I
> > did cut and paste from my original word document the saving part
> > but even the opening four paragraphs have this stuff in it. Maybe
> > one of you programmers can tell me what is going on. Again I am
> > just curious.
>
> That's the problem, that you pasted the text from a Word document. MS
> Word used "smart quotes" (the opening one is upside down) and other
> characters that don't have ASCII equivalents. If by "they" you meant
> the Cakewalk people, they didn't do it. You would have been better
> off turning off that feature before creating the document (it's in
> the Autocorrect feature settings), but now you'd have to do a
> search-and- replace for the upside down single and double quote marks.
>
> Your post is a little hard to read, but not all that bad.

Try changing your character setting in your reader. Western Ueropean
had zero problem - no odd characters.

--
Cheers,
Ben
From: Here In Oregon on

"Nil" <rednoise(a)REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote in message
> On 19 Mar 2010, "Here In Oregon" <HIO(a)nospam.net> wrote in
> cakewalk.audio:
>
>> For those in the know scroll down to almost 3/4s down the page to
>> Here In Oregon in this link on May 13, 2007 12:15 AM.
>>
>> http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?high=&m=1046026&mpage=1#1048448
>>
>> Thank you for your time and I am curious to get your thoughts. I
>> did cut and paste from *my* original word document the saving part
>> but even the opening four paragraphs have this stuff in it. Maybe
>> one of you programmers can tell me what is going on. Again I am
>> just curious.
>
> That's the problem, that you pasted the text from a Word document. MS
> Word used "smart quotes" (the opening one is upside down) and other
> characters that don't have ASCII equivalents. If by "they" you meant
> the Cakewalk people, they didn't do it. You would have been better off
> turning off that feature before creating the document (it's in the
> Autocorrect feature settings), but now you'd have to do a search-and-
> replace for the upside down single and double quote marks.
>
> Your post is a little hard to read, but not all that bad.

Hey thanks Nil for chiming in and I appreciate that. Why did it not do that
when I first posted and when I looked at it again for several days after
that and then a year down the line and then another year down the line.
Cakewalk had to have done something. Maybe they formatted the forums
differently or something?

From: Here In Oregon on

"Ben Goldman" <BenGoldmanREMOVE(a)centurytel.net> wrote in message
> Nil let loose with the following tirade:
>
>> On 19 Mar 2010, "Here In Oregon" <HIO(a)nospam.net> wrote in
>> cakewalk.audio:
>>
>> > For those in the know scroll down to almost 3/4s down the page to
>> > Here In Oregon in this link on May 13, 2007 12:15 AM.
>> >
>> > http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?high=&m=1046026&mpage=1#1048448
>> >
>> > Thank you for your time and I am curious to get your thoughts. I
>> > did cut and paste from my original word document the saving part
>> > but even the opening four paragraphs have this stuff in it. Maybe
>> > one of you programmers can tell me what is going on. Again I am
>> > just curious.
>>
>> That's the problem, that you pasted the text from a Word document. MS
>> Word used "smart quotes" (the opening one is upside down) and other
>> characters that don't have ASCII equivalents. If by "they" you meant
>> the Cakewalk people, they didn't do it. You would have been better
>> off turning off that feature before creating the document (it's in
>> the Autocorrect feature settings), but now you'd have to do a
>> search-and- replace for the upside down single and double quote marks.
>>
>> Your post is a little hard to read, but not all that bad.
>
> Try changing your character setting in your reader. Western Ueropean
> had zero problem - no odd characters.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Ben

I just sent a post and response to Nil. Thanks Ben! This must explain it.
I have a new computer and it is probably reading it differently. That is
good to know; I will change my font for viewing. Would you recommend
Western European (Windows)
or Western European (IS0)?????

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4