From: malachi on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> In news:hp3fhk$2nei$1(a)news.telesweet.net the killer robot "malachi"
> <jdr(a)grumblesnatch.org> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

>>> Like my sig said in the original post,
>>> "Oh Yeah, and April Fools!!!!!!!!!!!!" ;)
>>
>> And?
>
> And Cakewalk just acquired licensing for Reaper's audio engine,
> so now they are going to try to stay in business after all! ;)

The only way I'd be interested in Cakewalk at this point is if they acquired
Reaper's pricing/licensing protocol.

Then again, maybe not.

Reaper has spoiled me. I've come to expect my DAW to work without
unexpected results, pops, clicks and crashes.

I guess I'm just high maintenance.

malachi

From: Ben Goldman on
Glennbo let loose with the following tirade:

> In news:hp3fhk$2nei$1(a)news.telesweet.net the killer robot "malachi"
> <jdr(a)grumblesnatch.org> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> >> Like my sig said in the original post,
> >> "Oh Yeah, and April Fools!!!!!!!!!!!!" ;)
> >
> > And?
>
> And Cakewalk just acquired licensing for Reaper's audio engine,
> so now they are going to try to stay in business after all! ;)

I'll be touring all month in San Francisco with my new band, the Young Republicans. Roland will be
backing us. They've booked us a great hotel.

Until next month, ciao.

--
Cheers,
Ben
From: Sue Morton on
Are you a lawyer?

:-D
--
Sue Morton

From: malachi on

"Sue Morton" <867-5309(a)domain.invalid> wrote in message
> Are you a lawyer?
>
> :-D
> --
> Sue Morton

Guilty

From: Phoenix on
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 17:06:59 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:
> The killer robot Phoenix <fake(a)fakeemail.com> grabbed the controls
of the
> spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> > they

> >> That's gotta be cool!!! I use sticks and rock too!!! ;)

> > Going steampunk, are we? <G>

> Steampunk, is that a new genre? Sounds cool! ;)

> --
> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
> ________ __
> / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
> / / __/ / _ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \
> / /_/ / / __/ / / / / / / /_/ / /_/ /
> \____/_/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_.___/\____/

> Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
> Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits
> Hear My Music
http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms

I think it's a case of "everything old is new again"--literally. To
quote Wikipedia,
"Steampunk is a subgenre of speculative fiction or science fiction
that emphasizes anachronistic technology, usually from the Victorian
age. It is also used to refer to a trend in fashion and music."
Apparently it also can refer to creating modern items with primitive
tech, ie. I've come across references to steampunk drum machines,
guitars, even computers.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Reaper license question