From: Harold A Climer on
Does the HP50G have the ability to calculate a
new column or columns in a matrix or is there a program that will do
this? As in Verniers Software's Graphical Analysis or in Excel.
By this I mean if I have current in the first column, voltage in the
second column, calculate the resistance in the third column. or some
other value in the 4th column,etc.
Harold A Climer
Department Of Physics Geology and Astronomy
Room 340A EMCS Building
U.T. Chattanooga
615 McCallie Ave
Chattnaooga TN 37403
From: Bruce Horrocks on
On 19/05/2010 14:40, Harold A Climer wrote:
> Does the HP50G have the ability to calculate a
> new column or columns in a matrix or is there a program that will do
> this? As in Verniers Software's Graphical Analysis or in Excel.
> By this I mean if I have current in the first column, voltage in the
> second column, calculate the resistance in the third column. or some
> other value in the 4th column,etc.

No, not built-in. However lists can be multiplied in one go e.g. {1 2 3}
{4 5 6} * gives {4 10 18} so a bit of minor programming to extract the
relevant columns is required. The commands AXL, AXM, ROM- and ROW+ are
your friends here. HADAMARD might also help.

Regards,
--
Bruce Horrocks
Surrey