From: GHF on
I have a database where every record in a certain table is assigned to a Time
Zone, mostly in North America, but also around the world.

What I would like to do is to have a field on a form that takes the current
system time, and calcuates the time at that location, so I can see it without
some sort of mental gymnastics.

For example, I am in the Eastern Time Zone, and the system time on my system
says so. I know that anything in the Central Time Zone is one hour behind.

If I know that, how do I calculate that the current time in Chicago is 1722,
when the current system time is 1822 here in Orlando?

From: David on
What I do is enter dates the database in GMT (UDT) date/time.

This way all date/times are on the same timezone base when entered.

This facilitates an easy SQL date / time search.

Date / Time displays to users are adjusted to their timezome from this UDT
base.

"GHF" <GHF(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a database where every record in a certain table is assigned to a
>Time
> Zone, mostly in North America, but also around the world.
>
> What I would like to do is to have a field on a form that takes the
> current
> system time, and calcuates the time at that location, so I can see it
> without
> some sort of mental gymnastics.
>
> For example, I am in the Eastern Time Zone, and the system time on my
> system
> says so. I know that anything in the Central Time Zone is one hour
> behind.
>
> If I know that, how do I calculate that the current time in Chicago is
> 1722,
> when the current system time is 1822 here in Orlando?

Pages: 1
Prev: unrelated table in a query
Next: Help!!!!