From: Gabriel on
On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 9:08 PM, William Gaggioli <wgaggioli(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm working on setting up some software for a Peruvian non-profit to help
> them organize their incoming volunteers. One of the features I'd like to add
> is a calendar-like view of the different volunteers arrival dates and
> staying time, with potentially some other info through some double-click
> action. Rather than writing a calendar gui myself, is there some open-source
> calendar program you guys could recommend that I could plug into? It has to
> be run locally, as the internet isn't so reliable down here, but other than
> that something simple and clean is ideal.

I wrote a gtk gui for google calendar.

Maybe you can adapt it to your needs.

http://code.google.com/p/googlecalendar-gtk/

--
Kind Regards
From: Michael Torrie on
Gabriel wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 9:08 PM, William Gaggioli <wgaggioli(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm working on setting up some software for a Peruvian non-profit to help
>> them organize their incoming volunteers. One of the features I'd like to add
>> is a calendar-like view of the different volunteers arrival dates and
>> staying time, with potentially some other info through some double-click
>> action. Rather than writing a calendar gui myself, is there some open-source
>> calendar program you guys could recommend that I could plug into? It has to
>> be run locally, as the internet isn't so reliable down here, but other than
>> that something simple and clean is ideal.
>
> I wrote a gtk gui for google calendar.
>
> Maybe you can adapt it to your needs.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/googlecalendar-gtk/

Would this work without an internet connection? The original poster
stated that internet isn't so reliable, hence the need for a local solution.

From: Sir Wilhelm the Sturdy on
On Feb 6, 12:59 am, Michael Torrie <torr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Gabriel wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 9:08 PM, William Gaggioli <wgaggi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I'm working on setting up some software for a Peruvian non-profit to help
> >> them organize their incoming volunteers. One of the features I'd like to add
> >> is acalendar-like view of the different volunteers arrival dates and
> >> staying time, with potentially some other info through some double-click
> >> action. Rather than writing acalendarguimyself, is there some open-source
> >>calendarprogram you guys could recommend that I could plug into? It has to
> >> be run locally, as the internet isn't so reliable down here, but other than
> >> that something simple and clean is ideal.
>
> > I wrote a gtkguifor googlecalendar.
>
> > Maybe you can adapt it to your needs.
>
> >http://code.google.com/p/googlecalendar-gtk/
>
> Would this work without an internet connection?  The original poster
> stated that internet isn't so reliable, hence the need for a local solution.

The functionality of Google calendar would be perfect, but it needs to
be run locally.
From: Jean-Michel Pichavant on
Michael Torrie wrote:
> Gabriel wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 9:08 PM, William Gaggioli <wgaggioli(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm working on setting up some software for a Peruvian non-profit to help
>>> them organize their incoming volunteers. One of the features I'd like to add
>>> is a calendar-like view of the different volunteers arrival dates and
>>> staying time, with potentially some other info through some double-click
>>> action. Rather than writing a calendar gui myself, is there some open-source
>>> calendar program you guys could recommend that I could plug into? It has to
>>> be run locally, as the internet isn't so reliable down here, but other than
>>> that something simple and clean is ideal.
>>>
>> I wrote a gtk gui for google calendar.
>>
>> Maybe you can adapt it to your needs.
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/googlecalendar-gtk/
>>

> Would this work without an internet connection? The original poster
> stated that internet isn't so reliable, hence the need for a local solution.

How about zimbra ?
http://www.zimbra.com/products/calendar-collaboration.html

Ok, that's heavy stuff, but it's free, open source and widely used.

JM

From: jfabiani on
Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:

> Michael Torrie wrote:
>> Gabriel wrote:

Take a look at wxscheduler, and chandler.

Johnf