From: legard_new on
Hello,

I have a problem with calling Callback function with Python. I have a
DLL file.

Below is a description in documentation.
FUNCTION Callback
Arguments: Callback ID integer read-only, immediate value
CBackProc address read-only, immediate value
Returns: status
The Callback routine registers the callback routine for
notification of a link state change.
The callback procedure provided by the application must accept one
parameter:
the address of the structure containing the data.

CallbackID An integer identifying the callback routine being
provided to the API. Can be one of 1 or 2.
CBackProc The address of the callback procedure that the API will
execute.

This procedure must accept one parameter, of type LinkStateStruct,
passed by reference.

LinkStateStruct read-only, by reference
OldState: byte
NewState byte

The routine will return one of the following error codes:
1 - The callback address was successfully registered by the API.
2 - The API has not been initialised.
3 - The CallbackID value was not recognised as a valid link state
callback.

Here is my little code in Python:

from ctypes import *
class LinkStateStruct(Structure):
_fields_ = [("OldState", c_byte),
("NewState", c_byte)]
demoapi=windll.LoadLibrary("D:\\DEMO.dll")
#DECLARE CALLBACK FUNCTION
g_HLSC = CFUNCTYPE(c_int, POINTER(LinkStateStruct))
def py_g_HLSC(x):
print "CALLBACK__py_g_HLSC_FIRED->", x
return 0
g__HLSC = g_HLSC(py_g_HLSC)
status=demoapi.Callback(1,g__HLSC)
print "Status=",status

My result is:
Status= 1

But Callback function is not executed. If think that i call g__HLSC
witohout paramter that in document "The callback procedure

provided by the application must accept one parameter: the address of
the structure containing the data.". I don't now how to do.

Please help.

Best regards,
Gregory
From: legard_new on
On Jul 31, 10:22 pm, "Mark Tolonen" <metolone+gm...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> to call another function that causes this change.
>
> Here's a DLL I wrote to test your code, but I added a ChangeLinkState
> function.  When I call it after running your code the callback gets called,
> so your code is working properly.
>
> (Compiled with Visual Studio 2008 "cl /MD /LD demo.c"
>
> typedef unsigned char BYTE;
>
> typedef struct tagLINKSTATE {
>  BYTE OldState, NewState;
>
> } LINKSTATE;
>
> typedef int (*CB)(LINKSTATE*);
>
> CB g_cb;
> BYTE g_linkState;
>
> __declspec(dllexport) int __stdcall Callback(int a,CB cb)
> {
>  g_cb = cb;
>  return 1;
>
> }
>
> __declspec(dllexport) void __stdcall ChangeLinkState(BYTE newState)

Thanks Mark for good news.

>> Perhaps you need to call another function that causes this change.
Exactly, i check again documentation and i must call another
functions.

Thanks for help.

Best regards,
Gregory