From: jaylou on
Hi all,

In SQL Server 2008 64-Bit I am trying to create a stored Proc that calls an
SSIS packacage to import an Excel spreadsheet using both
"EXEC xp_cmdshell 'dtexec /f "\\ewrsql18\NetLocFiles\Packages\LOCTrans.dtsx"'
And
"EXEC xp_cmdshell 'dtexec /sq "LOCTrans" /ser ewrsql18'

I can execute the package with no problems but the TSQL seems to choke when
it calls the package with this error:

Connection Manager is not supported in the 64-bit version of SSIS, as no OLE
DB provider is available.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

TIA,
Joe
From: Russell Fields on
Joe,

This means that you need to be using the 32-bit version of dtexec. See this
link from the BOL:

RLF

From: jaylou on
Thank you. I had to play around with pointing my cmdshell to the 32 bit
version, but I got it to work!!!

Thanks again!!
Joe

From: Michael Coles on
You might consider using an alternative to xp_cmdshell. Be aware that
enabling it has security implications.

--

========
Michael Coles

From: jaylou on
Do you have another way to import an Excel spreadsheet into a SQL table in a
srored Proc? I would love an alternative.
The data I have to report off of comes from an application that I can not
access directly, but they have an export feature.

Thanks,
Joe