From: Kee K Y CHEN on
HI All,

Apologize for being a newbie to python area and sorry for my English.

Actually what I need is embedding a python interactive console(or other
shell console alike module) on my python program for debugging and
controlling purpose during the program runtime.

For example, print/set some important value, query some runtime status
when I remote login to host via telnet/ssh when the program running on
the host. One of the idea is I can write the program use the GUI tech,
but that is not fit for someone use a text based session.

In summary, in my scheme, it should something looks like the GEdit
extension - python console and but may interactive with tty/vty lines.

Can anyone give a brief to me?

Thanks in advance.

--
Kee K Y CHEN <keekychen(a)gmail.com>

From: Lie Ryan on
On 02/20/10 16:38, Kee K Y CHEN wrote:
> HI All,
>
> Apologize for being a newbie to python area and sorry for my English.
>
> Actually what I need is embedding a python interactive console(or other
> shell console alike module) on my python program for debugging and
> controlling purpose during the program runtime.
>
> For example, print/set some important value, query some runtime status
> when I remote login to host via telnet/ssh when the program running on
> the host. One of the idea is I can write the program use the GUI tech,
> but that is not fit for someone use a text based session.
>
> In summary, in my scheme, it should something looks like the GEdit
> extension - python console and but may interactive with tty/vty lines.
>
> Can anyone give a brief to me?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Look how IDLE and pdb does it. I believe the `cmd` built-in module is
specifically written for this case.