From: Bumpa on
What I want to achieve is to scan in a cash flow (save to PDF) then copy to
an excel spreadsheet and have it recognise the value of the numbers so I can
use formulas. The same way you can with word.
I have two entitys and I want to add their actual cash flows together to
project combined cash folws for future years.
Thanks.
From: Dave Peterson on
I think this is going to depend on how your scanner software works.

Some will offer a feature to put the results directly into Excel. If your
software doesn't, then you could try scanning into a text file or an MSWord file
and copy|pasting into excel.

In any case, double check those numbers. Scanners don't do perfect OCR.

--

Dave Peterson