From: Steve on
Excel 2007
Windows Vista Premium

I am tallying up a list of expenses and I want the TOTAL to be at a specific
line
at the bottom of the page (Row 45) even after I add some items and their
rows to the list above it.

Is this possible?
From: Dave Peterson on
You may be able to play around with event macros to get something that works for
you.

But I wouldn't do it.

Instead, I'd put my totals in row 1, my headers for the data in row 2 and the
data in rows 3-###.

In fact, I'd use =subtotal() as my formulas to determine the totals.

Then I could apply data|filter|autofilter to the headers and data and those
=subtotal() will ignore the hidden rows when they evaluate.

--

Dave Peterson
From: JLatham on
As long as you don't physically insert/delete rows, yes. If you need to copy
entries to put into rows on the sheet. Use copy and Paste Special with the
"Values" option selected to add data to rows without actually inserting a new
row.

From: Steve on
Thank you both, JLatham and Dave.
I see that I am not going to be able to do this the way I originally
envisioned.
Excellent suggestions for ways to work around it, though. Thanks.