From: Joe User on
Material typo....

I wrote:
> I am also bothered by the likelihood of duplicate results from RANDBETWEEN
> due to quantization. But I can say with impunity that that is a real
> problem.

I meant to write: "I can__not__ say with impunity ...". Klunk!

From: James Silverton on
Joe wrote on Sun, 25 Apr 2010 15:54:56 -0700:

> I wrote:
>> I am also bothered by the likelihood of duplicate results
>> from RANDBETWEEN due to quantization. But I can say with
>> impunity that that is a real problem.

> I meant to write: "I can__not__ say with impunity ...". Klunk!

With reference to randomizing the rows of a data set, which is
essentially what I suggested, it might be useful to include another
helper column with integers 1,2,3.....before the random column. so that
you can get the original order back again.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

First  |  Prev  |