From: JosephKK on
On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 00:35:51 -0700, mike <spamme0(a)go.com> wrote:

>I have a project that needs reversible fans.
>Can I make a brushless fan go backwards?
>Is it as simple as swapping the leads on the coils?
>Or is there more to it, like wrong phase for the magnetic pulse
>into the hall device?
>
>And then there's the question whether the blades will
>move as much air running backwards.
>
>The muffin fan is the ideal form factor for this job.
>
>Only other cost effective thing I can think to do is
>put two fans in series and run either one.
>
>I really don't want to spend the money to buy reversible fans
>even if they're available. I gots boxes of muffin fans.
>
>Ideas?
>Thanks, mike

Just physically turn it over. The mountings are symmetric for just
that reason.
From: mike on
JosephKK wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 00:35:51 -0700, mike <spamme0(a)go.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a project that needs reversible fans.
>> Can I make a brushless fan go backwards?
>> Is it as simple as swapping the leads on the coils?
>> Or is there more to it, like wrong phase for the magnetic pulse
>> into the hall device?
>>
>> And then there's the question whether the blades will
>> move as much air running backwards.
>>
>> The muffin fan is the ideal form factor for this job.
>>
>> Only other cost effective thing I can think to do is
>> put two fans in series and run either one.
>>
>> I really don't want to spend the money to buy reversible fans
>> even if they're available. I gots boxes of muffin fans.
>>
>> Ideas?
>> Thanks, mike
>
> Just physically turn it over. The mountings are symmetric for just
> that reason.

As I stated in the first line of my original posting,
I need a REVERSIBLE muffin fan.
I already know how to run it forwards, so I asked about backwards.
From: JosephKK on
On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 15:14:38 -0700, mike <spamme0(a)go.com> wrote:

>JosephKK wrote:
>> On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 00:35:51 -0700, mike <spamme0(a)go.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a project that needs reversible fans.
>>> Can I make a brushless fan go backwards?
>>> Is it as simple as swapping the leads on the coils?
>>> Or is there more to it, like wrong phase for the magnetic pulse
>>> into the hall device?
>>>
>>> And then there's the question whether the blades will
>>> move as much air running backwards.
>>>
>>> The muffin fan is the ideal form factor for this job.
>>>
>>> Only other cost effective thing I can think to do is
>>> put two fans in series and run either one.
>>>
>>> I really don't want to spend the money to buy reversible fans
>>> even if they're available. I gots boxes of muffin fans.
>>>
>>> Ideas?
>>> Thanks, mike
>>
>> Just physically turn it over. The mountings are symmetric for just
>> that reason.
>
>As I stated in the first line of my original posting,
>I need a REVERSIBLE muffin fan.
>I already know how to run it forwards, so I asked about backwards.

Only if it is 40 years old already and runs on DC.
From: Jim Thompson on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 22:07:13 -0700,
"JosephKK"<quiettechblue(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 15:14:38 -0700, mike <spamme0(a)go.com> wrote:
>
>>JosephKK wrote:

>>> Just physically turn it over. The mountings are symmetric for just
>>> that reason.
>>
>>As I stated in the first line of my original posting,
>>I need a REVERSIBLE muffin fan.
>>I already know how to run it forwards, so I asked about backwards.
>
>Only if it is 40 years old already and runs on DC.

And PM.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Spice is like a sports car...
Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: computer reliability
Next: Data on 12V supply wires