From: Michelle on
On my user form, I want Control1 to effect the value of Control2, but when
it does, I don't want the change event for Control2 to be triggered.

Enable events doesn't work

Can I temporarily switch off the change event, then change the control then
switch it back on?

thanks

From: Jan Karel Pieterse on
Hi Michelle,

> On my user form, I want Control1 to effect the value of Control2, but when
> it does, I don't want the change event for Control2 to be triggered.
>
> Enable events doesn't work
>
> Can I temporarily switch off the change event, then change the control then
> switch it back on?

See:

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/NoEvents00.asp

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com

From: Patrick Molloy on
Applicaton.EnableEvents = FALSE

should work

From: Jan Karel Pieterse on
Hi Patrick,

> Applicaton.EnableEvents = FALSE
>
> should work

Not for userform control events.

From: Patrick Molloy on
apologies - I misread the question. you could create a 'flag' to exit
control2's event

say bIgnore as boolean

in control1 set thios to TRUE, make the change, then set it back to false
in control2 make the first line
If bIgnore then Exit Sub