From: D303M on
When sending large files to Yahoo or other external mailboxes I receive the
following error message:

#550 5.2.3 RESOLVER.RST.RecipSizeLimit; message too large for this recipient
##

My understanding is that this message was rejected by the receiving mailbox
- not kicked back from my exchange 2007 server.

I'm being told by someone else that is getting kicked by my own exchange
server?

My understanding is that if it were getting kicked back by my own exchange
server because the attachment was too large I would receive:

550 5.3.4 ROUTING.SizeLimit message size exceeds fixed maximum size for
route

So what is the correct answer? I have made every possible change in Exchange
2007 and I still get this message.
From: Jordan on
First, check the size of the message and see if it is over your limit.
Next, if the message is only about a meg or two, have the user resend it to
another email address on another provider. If it gets rejected with the
same message it could be you.

From: John Elliot on
Hi,

Try sending an email with large attachment directly from your machine.
For example:

1. Try sending an email to your self using the SMTP (Not Exchange's
protocol). Specify the hostname/ip address of your Exchange server in
Outlook Express' SMTP field. If Exchange accepts it the problem is not
on your end.

2. Then, try sending that same email to the actual recipient by putting
the IP address of their SMTP server. You can get this IP address by
doing an MX lookup.

Personally, I don't like sending large attachments via email. There are
several third-party solutions that can be used instead.

Regards,
JE