From: Evertjan. on
Laser Lips wrote on 01 feb 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

> Can anyone recommend a JavaScript Tree with drag and drop
> functionality?

Google is your friend.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
From: Evertjan. on
Laser Lips wrote on 02 feb 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

> On Feb 1, 7:26�pm, "Evertjan." <exjxw.hannivo...(a)interxnl.net> wrote:
>> Laser Lips wrote on 01 feb 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:
>>
>> > Can anyone recommend a JavaScript Tree with drag and drop
>> > functionality?
>>
>> Google is your friend.

> Yeah I found tones

Tones as in a number of 1000 kg?

> but all seem to have good points and bad points.

Probably you have too.

Better learn Javascript end build your own.

This NG is not, I hope not,
about discussing third party javascript scripts.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
From: Hans-Georg Michna on
On 02 Feb 2010 21:26:11 GMT, Evertjan. wrote:

>Better learn Javascript end build your own.

Hmm, reinventing the wheel? Is that really necessary?

I thought that module reusability is a characteristic of good,
object-oriented programming languages. Not so?

Hans-Georg
From: Evertjan. on
Hans-Georg Michna wrote on 04 feb 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

> On 02 Feb 2010 21:26:11 GMT, Evertjan. wrote:
>
>>Better learn Javascript end build your own.
>
> Hmm, reinventing the wheel? Is that really necessary?

Yes it is, when moost wheels are still square instread of round,
asking for the best imitation of round is not enough.

> I thought that module reusability is a characteristic of good,
> object-oriented programming languages. Not so?

This NG is about Javascript,
not about the reusability of black boxes,
even if they contain something written in Javascript,
unless the subject is about the content and
not about the blackbox external experience.

> of good, object-oriented programming languages.

You wrote the comma:

Javascript is a good language, inasfar it's useability, programmability
and logic teaching is concerned, and it is an object-oriented programming
language.

But it is NOT a "good object-oriented" programming language,
in the sense of use of black box modules,
beacause of many reasons, for instance:

It is designed to work on many interpreters, the quality of whicl differs
so, that the working of black box module cannot be garanteed.
The extend of the blackbox testing cannot be complete in this sense.

Black boxes in general are a bad idea without a service contract with a
reliable source, given that a build yourself programme has the benefit of
the programmer always being available for added debugging.

There is something as the "joy of programming", that is absent in the
sense of such boxes.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
From: Evertjan. on
Laser Lips wrote on 10 feb 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

>> Better learn Javascript end build your own.

> Thanks for helpful comments Evertjan.

You are welcome.

> I have done exaclty that.

Good for you, now hopefully you have exactly what you want,
and you must have leared somthing in the process.

> And yes I do have good points and bad points.

I was not discussing your points,

but if you say so ..

> It's called being human.

Such points are not restricted to human beings,
as Javascript has them too.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.