From: Alf P. Steinbach on
* Alf P. Steinbach:

> [About baffling almost not reproducible interpreter crash on Ctrl C]
> The error code 0xc0000417 is some custom one, not a standard Windows code.

Sorry, I was wrong about that, just that the MS ErrLook utility didn't find it.

<url:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsdebug/thread/2d0577ec-562a-498d-af66-0177a3f2e52c>

says it's

STATUS_INVALID_CRUNTIME_PARAMETER
#An invalid parameter was passed to a C runtime function.

defined in [ntstatus.h].

Cheers,

- Alf
From: Alf P. Steinbach on
* Alf P. Steinbach:
> * Alf P. Steinbach:
>>
> > [About baffling almost not reproducible interpreter crash on Ctrl C]
>> The error code 0xc0000417 is some custom one, not a standard Windows
>> code.
>
> Sorry, I was wrong about that, just that the MS ErrLook utility didn't
> find it.
>
> <url:
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsdebug/thread/2d0577ec-562a-498d-af66-0177a3f2e52c>
>

> says it's
>

> STATUS_INVALID_CRUNTIME_PARAMETER
> #An invalid parameter was passed to a C runtime function.
>

> defined in [ntstatus.h].

Found a another bug discussion with

* same exception,
0xc0000417 STATUS_INVALID_CRUNTIME_PARAMETER

* same address,
0x78588389

* almost same Python version,
namely Py3,

* almost same context,
namely occurring when program terminates,

at

<url: http://www.mail-archive.com/pyinstaller(a)googlegroups.com/msg01564.html>

Can I report a bug with so little information -- not generally reproducible,
but hey, someone else has seen something nearly identical?

Cheers,

- Alf
From: Alf P. Steinbach on
* Alf P. Steinbach:

> Found a another bug discussion with
>
> * same exception,
> 0xc0000417 STATUS_INVALID_CRUNTIME_PARAMETER
>
> * same address,
> 0x78588389
>
> * almost same Python version,
> namely Py3,
>
> * almost same context,
> namely occurring when program terminates,
>
> at
>
> <url:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/pyinstaller(a)googlegroups.com/msg01564.html>
>
> Can I report a bug with so little information -- not generally
> reproducible, but hey, someone else has seen something nearly identical?

OK, I did, <url: http://bugs.python.org/issue8418>.

Cheers,

- Alf
From: Terry Reedy on
On 4/16/2010 9:50 AM, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
> * Alf P. Steinbach:
>>
>> Found a another bug discussion with
>>
>> * same exception,
>> 0xc0000417 STATUS_INVALID_CRUNTIME_PARAMETER
>>
>> * same address,
>> 0x78588389
>>
>> * almost same Python version,
>> namely Py3,
>>
>> * almost same context,
>> namely occurring when program terminates,
>>
>> at
>>
>> <url:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/pyinstaller(a)googlegroups.com/msg01564.html>
>>
>> Can I report a bug with so little information -- not generally
>> reproducible, but hey, someone else has seen something nearly identical?
>
> OK, I did, <url: http://bugs.python.org/issue8418>.

Good report. I might have just dismissed this as a random windows bug ;-).

Terry Jan Reedy