From: Petter on
I jus downloaded the new GNAT GPL 2010. I'd very much like to
integrate with VS 2008 Express.
From: Petter on
On 6 Juli, 19:29, Albrecht Käfer <albrecht_kae...(a)yahoo.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 18:40:06 +0200, Petter <petter_frykl...(a)hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I jus downloaded the new GNAT GPL 2010. I'd very much like to
> > integrate with VS 2008 Express.
>
> No. The Express versions are not supposed to integrate with anything. Even
> if you could work, you might want to take a look at the license terms.
> However, the Visual Studio Shell[1] may or may not be the answer to your
> problem. Note that Microsoft says[2]: “The Visual Studio shell integrated
> mode can be installed together with all editions of Visual Studio except
> the Express editions.”
> Also, if memory serves correctly, only the .Net edition of GNAT integrates
> with Visual Studio. Integration is performed during installation, if
> Visual Studio is found.
>
> Albrecht
>
> [1]
> <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=40646580-97F....>
> [2] <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb685612.aspx>

Thanks for responding.
From: Lucretia on
On Jul 6, 5:40 pm, Petter <petter_frykl...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> I jus downloaded the new GNAT GPL 2010. I'd very much like to
> integrate with VS 2008 Express.

To be honest, no version of VS has been easy to integrate with, the
later versions being so due to hefty prices of the SDK. TBH, you're
better off with a decent editor and a command line, you'll learn more
doing it that way.

Luke.
From: Petter on
I've been using Ada for my most of my professional work between 1992
and 2009, apart for a little dabbling with Tcl/Tk. Before that it was
mostly COBOL and 1100/2200 Assembler, UNISYS IPF command language is
very similar to Ada, if it's still around :-) I'd really like to do
more Ada, but I've had to learn .NET and C# and it isn't too bad.
Visual Studio is running circles round GPS, wide circles. I think it
is a little sad. As for decent editor and command line, well I've done
my fair share.