From: Rivka Miller on
Can someone explain me the essential parts of this function,
specifically, with some examples of SNAME ? How should the SNAME look
like ?

DEFUN ("or", For, Sor, 0, UNEVALLED, 0,
doc: /* Eval args until one of them yields non-nil, then return
that
value. The remaining args are not evalled at all.
If all args return nil, return nil.
usage: (or CONDITIONS ...) */)
(args)
Lisp_Object args;
{
register Lisp_Object val = Qnil;
struct gcpro gcpro1;

GCPRO1 (args);

while (CONSP (args))
{
val = Feval (XCAR (args));
if (!NILP (val))
break;
args = XCDR (args);
}

UNGCPRO;
return val;
}

More info here
http://xahlee.org/elisp/Writing-Emacs-Primitives.html#Writing-Emacs-Primitives

Thanks
Rivka

From: Francesco S. Carta on
Rivka Miller <rivkaumiller(a)gmail.com>, on 30/06/2010 16:02:29, wrote:

> Can someone explain me the essential parts of this function,
> specifically, with some examples of SNAME ? How should the SNAME look
> like ?
>
> DEFUN ("or", For, Sor, 0, UNEVALLED, 0,
> doc: /* Eval args until one of them yields non-nil, then return
> that
> value. The remaining args are not evalled at all.
> If all args return nil, return nil.
> usage: (or CONDITIONS ...) */)
> (args)
> Lisp_Object args;
> {
> register Lisp_Object val = Qnil;
> struct gcpro gcpro1;
>
> GCPRO1 (args);
>
> while (CONSP (args))
> {
> val = Feval (XCAR (args));
> if (!NILP (val))
> break;
> args = XCDR (args);
> }
>
> UNGCPRO;
> return val;
> }
>

> More info here
> http://xahlee.org/elisp/Writing-Emacs-Primitives.html#Writing-Emacs-Primitives

Try with comp.emacs and gnu.emacs.help, maybe the best places
(currently) to get help for this issue.

Please avoid crossposting to groups which are not topical to your
question, good luck :-)

From: Rivka Miller on

From: Ian Collins on
On 07/ 1/10 12:51 PM, Rivka Miller wrote:
>> FSC -http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/59948
>> http://fscode.altervista.org-http://sardinias.com
>
> Can someone explain me the essential parts of this function,
> specifically, with some examples of SNAME ? How should the SNAME look
> like ?

Please stop cross-posting the same off topic question!

--
Ian Collins
From: Vincenzo Mercuri on
Rivka Miller wrote:

>>> Can someone explain me the essential parts of this function,
>>> specifically, with some examples of SNAME ?

SNO.

How should the SNAME look
>>> like ?

Like Teddy Bear.