From: cmercante on
Im trying to import a pipe delimited text file into access 2007 and I get the
following message when I try to finish the import
"Method Execute TempImexSpec' of object '_Wizhook'failed. It doen't seem to
be recognizing the "|" pipe sysmbol I entered? Help nothing seems to be
working for me.

Thanks
Char

From: Daryl S on
Char -

Can you import the text manually (which is how you usually set up import
specs anyway)? It could be a data issue or an import spec issue...

Can you copy the import text file and remove all but maybe the first few
records and see if only a few records will import?

--
Daryl S

"cmercante" wrote:

> Im trying to import a pipe delimited text file into access 2007 and I get the
> following message when I try to finish the import
> "Method Execute TempImexSpec' of object '_Wizhook'failed. It doen't seem to
> be recognizing the "|" pipe sysmbol I entered? Help nothing seems to be
> working for me.
>
> Thanks
> Char
>
> .