From: Herzl Regev on
How do I clear the print queue?
I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in
/WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail.

The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200.
From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"Herzl Regev" <HerzlRegev(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I clear the print queue?
> I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in
> /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail.
>
> The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200.

What happened when you deleted the files in the Printers folder? Did any of
them stay behind? Any screen message?

From: Patrick Keenan on

"Herzl Regev" <HerzlRegev(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I clear the print queue?
> I've tried "net stop spooler" and deleted all in
> /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, to no avail.
>
> The OS is XP Home SP3. The printer is HP psc 1200.

Have you restarted the PC?

From: LD55ZRA on

You just need to right-Click on the systems tray icon for the printer and
then select open. You can now delete the jobs listed in there but you need
to be an administrator or a user who sent the job in the first place.

hth

From: Herzl Regev on
First of all, the problem went away, but it might return. Re the replies:

before trying the way I listed, I already tried the way suggested by LD55ZRA.

when I deleted the files in /WINDOWS/System32/spool/PRINTERS, nothing was
left, but the printer queue stayed occupied. I didn't reboot the PC. What
seems to have worked was that I closed that window that I got from "opening"
the printer. Before that I disconnected the printer, turned it off - didn't
help.