From: jim on
I've just removed the last server from an Ex2k3 Administrative Group.
There's nothing listed inside of it (i.e., no connectors, members, etc..),
yet when i try to delete it i get this error message:

"You may not delete this administrative group because it still has items in
it."
ID no: c1034af8
Exchange System Manager.

It's been a couple of days since the server was removed, more than enough
time for replication to complete.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks.

From: Bharat Suneja [MVP] on
Fire up ADSIEdit and find out if there's anything in the AG.
If permissions is an issue, you can use DSACLS to figure out if there are
any explicit deny permissions for the AG.
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

From: jim on
There's four sub folders under that Admin group in ADSIEDIT..

CN=Advanced Security
CN=Chat Networks
CN=Directory Replication
CN=Servers

Should i just delete the Admin group through ADSIEDIT?

From: Bharat Suneja [MVP] on
If you are certain there's nothing in the AG, you could delete using
ADSIEdit. I would expert the AG using LDIFDE, just in case it needs to be
created - as a backout plan.

From: jim on
That worked, thanks!