From: Steven on
I am getting daily data from units that may or may not be reporting each day.
If I use an inner join, then the units that do not report on any given day,
are dropped from the query.

I tried to do a multiple join but evidently Access will not permit more than
two tables to be joined using an outer join.

So I tried entering the data using the first day of data to establish the
original query, and subsequent days to append to it. I got an error message
stating that my original query was not updateable.

What now?
From: Dirk Goldgar on
"Steven" <Steven(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am getting daily data from units that may or may not be reporting each
>day.
> If I use an inner join, then the units that do not report on any given
> day,
> are dropped from the query.
>
> I tried to do a multiple join but evidently Access will not permit more
> than
> two tables to be joined using an outer join.

That's not strictly true; it depends on the directions of the joins.

> So I tried entering the data using the first day of data to establish the
> original query, and subsequent days to append to it. I got an error
> message
> stating that my original query was not updateable.

Please describe your tables, the relationships among them, what exactly you
are trying to do with your query, and the SQL you've tried. My guess is
that you're going to want to use a form/subform arrangement to enter your
data, but I don't have enough information to do more than speculate.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

From: De Jager on