From: Whiteford on
Hello,

It seems all our server subnets can rely to our Exchange 2007 servers except
for one subnet. I've checked the receive connectors and it all looks good
in there and the anti-spam tab were the IP Allow list is too.

There is no firewall between the the Exchange servers and this subnet as I
thought a port maybe block, plus there is no NATing going on either.

Any other ideas?

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:05:07 +0100, "Whiteford" <no(a)no.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>It seems all our server subnets can rely to our Exchange 2007 servers except
>for one subnet. I've checked the receive connectors and it all looks good
>in there and the anti-spam tab were the IP Allow list is too.
>
>There is no firewall between the the Exchange servers and this subnet as I
>thought a port maybe block, plus there is no NATing going on either.
>
>Any other ideas?

Is it safe to assume that the basic network connectivity tests all
work? You say "can't relay" but does that mean "can't connect"?

The description of the problem desn't shed much light on things,
either . Got anything more than "can't relay"? Can you send email to
your own e-mail addresses? What status code is returned when your
server sends the RCPT TO command?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Whiteford on
Internally relay works fine it's only when the servers try to relay
externally, when I try to test via telnet I get the error:

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 08:55:35 +0100, "Whiteford" <no(a)no.com> wrote:

>Internally relay works fine it's only when the servers try to relay
>externally, when I try to test via telnet I get the error:
>
>550 5.7.1 Unable to relay

Okay. What about the receive connector? Is it configured to allow
anonymous relays?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996395(EXCHG.80).aspx
and
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232021(EXCHG.80).aspx