From: Nick Hounsome on
On 27 May, 20:08, DeMarcus <use_my_alias_h...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As the standard now defines multi-threading, is there anything said
> about the initialization of global variables? I.e. will a compiler be
> allowed to initialize global data in parallel?

That would just be wrong because you could never have any control -
How many threads?
What priorities?
What gets done on what thread?

Also, on a single processor you'd just slow things up.

Worst of all it would break existing code.

Contrariwise, If it's important enough to you can always have a single
global per dll and initialize global pointers in threads from there.