From: WLMPilot on
I have numerous workbooks, one for each employee, that is used for QA
purposes. I also have a master workbook that is used by the boss that
collects data from each of the workbooks. However, I also want to use the
master workbook to update each employee workbook.

I want the boss to be able to add to the list of QA criteria in the master
workbook, then click and UPDATE button, executing a macro that will take the
new criteria added and place it on SHEET1 of each of the employee workbooks.

I believe this can be done, but not quite sure what the code should be. I
also realize that I will have to read in all the employee names into an array
and use it as part of the code in identifying the correct workbook.

I appreciate any help in this.

Thanks,
Les
From: PY & Associates on
On May 5, 7:21 am, WLMPilot <WLMPi...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I have numerous workbooks, one for each employee, that is used for QA
> purposes.  I also have a master workbook that is used by the boss that
> collects data from each of the workbooks.  However, I also want to use the
> master workbook to update each employee workbook.
>
> I want the boss to be able to add to the list of QA criteria in the master
> workbook, then click and UPDATE button, executing a macro that will take the
> new criteria added and place it on SHEET1 of each of the employee workbooks.
>
> I believe this can be done, but not quite sure what the code should be.  I
> also realize that I will have to read in all the employee names into an array
> and use it as part of the code in identifying the correct workbook.
>
> I appreciate any help in this.
>
> Thanks,
> Les

Sure this can be done with a little design.

Let's say the Master file must have a column somewhere with each
employee's names.

Then program can step through each name;
open the corresponding employee file with suitable filenaming
convention;
go to sheet1;
copy the new criteria and paste it there;
close the employee file;
loop to next employee file.