From: Tom Dacon on
"milop" <milop(a)slomins.com> wrote in message
>I don't want to get into an argument but your answer offered no solution
>for the original poster. Instead you knocked a language.
>
> And you'd think with over 25 years experience you'd have learned that the
> VB vs. C argument is silly and that language wars, in general, are
> impertinent and wasteful.

Right on, milop.

While I refuse to get involved in yet another immature flame war about VB's
perceived "deficiencies", Mark's wrong about this, and he's not showing the
maturity that that amount of experience should have equipped him with. I'd
normally expect a comment like that from, say, a twenty-five-year-old junior
programmer whose first and only programming language was C++ or C#, and
who'd been told by someone else to believe that about VB. Certainly not from
someone who's been around this business as long as he claims.

....speaks someone with over forty years in computer science, and
professional programming experience in over a dozen programming languages.

Tom

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: using passwordRecovery