From: AllnightVi on
Can you install IE 8.0 on a Windows 2000 (NT) computer? I would like to be
able to run all the visual devices on modern web pages. Please help! (I
have much harder questions in wait!) If not, what is the youngest versions of
IE I can run. Where can I get said product? I want to run the most up to
date version of IE that I can get on the system. Thank you, sincerely,
Virgil Fritz. AllnightVi(a)aol.com AllnightVi at aol.
From: Ǝиçεl on
For futuяe consultations related to Internet Explorer, visit the specific
group for IE (IE6, IE7 and IE8) post to and seek support in IE General
newsgroup:

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general:

On the web:
<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general>

In your newsяeader:
--

Ǝиçεl
©¿©¬

From: Ottmar Freudenberger on
"AllnightVi" <AllnightVi(a)discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

> Can you install IE 8.0 on a Windows 2000 (NT) computer?

No, there's even no IE7 for Windows 2000. Please be aware, that anyhow even
extended support for Windows 2000 will end in July 2010.

Bye,
Freudi
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
No. See...

Internet Explorer 8: System requirements:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/support/system-requirements.aspx

PS: Don't feel too bad: IE9 will not be supported in WinXP or Vista SP1
either.

From: Tom Willett on

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote in message will not be
supported in WinXP or Vista SP1
: either.

That's a blessing in disguise.

Pages: 1