From: "Mark C. Miller" on
On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 23:39:05 -0800, Erich Careon wrote:

> I am new to all of this, and have looked through your maze of so called
> help to my problem, and have not had any luck. Here is the problem. I
> have downloaded the software, to be told when trying to pull up the
> program to use, that the file cannot be found. What is that about? and
> how do I get help with this? I have downloaded the program three
> different times, to be told the same exact thing.

What operating system are you using? That makes a big difference.

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Barbara Duprey on
Erich Careon wrote:
> I am new to all of this, and have looked through your maze of so called help to my problem, and have not had any luck. Here is the problem. I have downloaded the software, to be told when trying to pull up the program to use, that the file cannot be found. What is that about? and how do I get help with this? I have downloaded the program three different times, to be told the same exact thing.

First question -- did you download from the OOo website,
www.openoffice.org? If so, what you downloaded should have been an
installer file. Double-clicking that should start the installation
process, beginning with unpacking the files to another location, then
leading you through the process with a few dialogs. Did any of this
happen? When you say "the file could not be found" -- what file name was
cited in the message?

We'll try to help. Please keep the discussion on the list so any
volunteers here can see it.

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: "Douglas St.Clair" on

On Jan 13, 2010, at 2:39 AM, Erich Careon wrote:

> I am new to all of this, and have looked through your maze of so called help to my problem, and have not had any luck. Here is the problem. I have downloaded the software, to be told when trying to pull up the program to use, that the file cannot be found. What is that about? and how do I get help with this? I have downloaded the program three different times, to be told the same exact thing.

Captain Nice
cptn.nice(a)gmail.com

"I love my computer, because my friends live in it!"

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org