From: email on
I would like to re-install Windows. I put the Windows system disk in my CD/DVD drive and
restart Windows. A prompt comes up saying "Press any key to boot to CD." I press a key,
several keys, and watch as Windows boots normally from the hard disk. I have set the first
boot device in my BIOS to be the CDROM drive. Why is this happening?

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On 04 Jul 2010 17:34:57 GMT, Clydesdale (email(a)email.net) wrote:

> I would like to re-install Windows. I put the Windows system disk in my CD/DVD drive and
> restart Windows. A prompt comes up saying "Press any key to boot to CD." I press a key,
> several keys, and watch as Windows boots normally from the hard disk. I have set the first
> boot device in my BIOS to be the CDROM drive. Why is this happening?

The disk you put in the drive is probably not what you think it is;
it's probably not a bootable CD.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Clydesdale on
The disk is the Windows system disk that came with the pc. It has
worked to re-install Windows many times over the last few years.

Posted with NewsLeecher v4.0 Beta 19
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

From: Twayne on
In news:4c30c641$0$9866$c3e8da3(a)news.astraweb.com,
Clydesdale <email(a)email.net> typed:
> I would like to re-install Windows. I put the Windows
> system disk in my CD/DVD drive and restart Windows. A
> prompt comes up saying "Press any key to boot to CD." I
> press a key, several keys, and watch as Windows boots
> normally from the hard disk. I have set the first boot
> device in my BIOS to be the CDROM drive. Why is this
> happening?

Restart the computer; not windows.

From: boatman312 on
On 07/07/10 2:48 PM, Twayne wrote:
> In news:4c30c641$0$9866$c3e8da3(a)news.astraweb.com,
> Clydesdale<email(a)email.net> typed:
>> I would like to re-install Windows. I put the Windows
>> system disk in my CD/DVD drive and restart Windows. A
>> prompt comes up saying "Press any key to boot to CD." I
>> press a key, several keys, and watch as Windows boots
>> normally from the hard disk. I have set the first boot
>> device in my BIOS to be the CDROM drive. Why is this
>> happening?

Do you have a USB keyboard? Do the keyboard lights flash on boot? Some
older machines won't find it, so you'll have to use a PS2 adapter or
keyboard.