From: Tommy D on
In trying to download photos from my FUJI camera via USB2, I did not get
the small window that usually presents options upon turning the camera on,
on what to do, eg. use Explorer, use Windows Media Player, etc. Upon
investigation I found that in Device manager under STORAGE VOLUMES, there
was a yellow exclamation point on the Generic Volume for FUJIFILM USB
DRIVEUNIT USB.

I then used the trouble shooting instructions and got to the point it says
to uninstall the driver. When I do that the Confirm Device Removal small
window comes up, I click OK a small hour glass appears and then nothing
happens. After a good 5 minutes the top of the small window heading says
"CONFIRM DEVICE REMOVAL (NOT RESPONDING).

I'd appreciate help on what to do next.

I am running on Windows XP pro.

TIA
From: Tommy D on
Tommy D <tduprZx(a)landmarknZt.invalid> wrote in

I am running on Windows XP pro with SP3
From: Andrew E. on
With pcs,the USB controllers would be a MB issue,try downloading the
chipset installation utility for youre MB chipset,get this from the mfg
(intel,
amd,etc).If the problem still exist,in device mgr,expand the hardware tree
for the problem device,R.click,properties,update driver,choose advanced
option,chk the box "dont search i'll choose",in new window,uncheck the
box "show compatable hardware",in list select new driver.Also,plugging
in to another USB port may get other options.