From: ThatsIT.net.au on
I'm trying to write a console app that will convert pdf's to xps files, but
the relevant XPS objects like System.Windows.Xps I cant find.

I have tried VS2008 VS2010, but no objects, they are in the object browser
but can not import and can not add them as reference

any ideas?

From: Tom Shelton on
On 2010-01-22, ThatsIT.net.au <me(a)work> wrote:
> I'm trying to write a console app that will convert pdf's to xps files, but
> the relevant XPS objects like System.Windows.Xps I cant find.
>
> I have tried VS2008 VS2010, but no objects, they are in the object browser
> but can not import and can not add them as reference
>
> any ideas?

Is your app targeting .NET Framework 3.5?
--
Tom Shelton
From: ThatsIT.net.au on

"Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcastXXXXXXX.net> wrote in message
> On 2010-01-22, ThatsIT.net.au <me(a)work> wrote:
>> I'm trying to write a console app that will convert pdf's to xps files,
>> but
>> the relevant XPS objects like System.Windows.Xps I cant find.
>>
>> I have tried VS2008 VS2010, but no objects, they are in the object
>> browser
>> but can not import and can not add them as reference
>>
>> any ideas?
>>

> Is your app targeting .NET Framework 3.5?
> --
> Tom Shelton

Yes tried 3.5 and 4

From: ThatsIT.net.au on

"Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcastXXXXXXX.net> wrote in message
> On 2010-01-22, ThatsIT.net.au <me(a)work> wrote:
>> I'm trying to write a console app that will convert pdf's to xps files,
>> but
>> the relevant XPS objects like System.Windows.Xps I cant find.
>>
>> I have tried VS2008 VS2010, but no objects, they are in the object
>> browser
>> but can not import and can not add them as reference
>>
>> any ideas?
>>

> Is your app targeting .NET Framework 3.5?
> --
> Tom Shelton

Found them, had to add reachframwork reference. Not a name I was looking for

From: Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] on
Am 22.01.2010 17:33, schrieb ThatsIT.net.au:
> I'm trying to write a console app that will convert pdf's to xps files,
> but the relevant XPS objects like System.Windows.Xps I cant find.
>
> I have tried VS2008 VS2010, but no objects, they are in the object
> browser but can not import and can not add them as reference

Maybe you are lacking a reference to "System.Printing.dll" Note that
the DLL containing a certain type is listed at the beginning of the
documentation on the type:

XpsDocumentWriter Class (System.Windows.Xps)
<URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.xps.xpsdocumentwriter.aspx>

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>