From: RG on
Does sql server maintain a view containing info on checkpoint activity? Like
when the checkpoints took place and how long they ran.

Thanks in advance
From: Erland Sommarskog on
RG (RG(a)discussions.microsoft.com) writes:
> Does sql server maintain a view containing info on checkpoint activity?
> Like when the checkpoints took place and how long they ran.

No, but I believe that there are some performance counters.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

From: Amol Lembhe on
not sure, May be you can look at default trace.

From: RG on
where is the default trace?

From: Erland Sommarskog on
RG (RG(a)discussions.microsoft.com) writes:
> where is the default trace?

In the LOG directory of your instance.

But there is event for CHECKPOINT what I can see, so it cannot be in the
default trace.