Prev: FILTERS
Next: Macro
From: Alicia on
Is there a way to format a number cell to change to red fonts if less than
another cell?

Ex: Cell H2 is 29 which is less than Cell K2 which is 35.

I would like to drag a formula down column H to change to red if the value
is less than column K.
From: Eduardo on
Hi,
use conditional formating, highlight the cells, conditional formating, where
the formula is enter

=H2<K2

choose color red

From: Jacob Skaria on
Use Conditional formatting

Select H2 and from menu ..Format>Conditional formatting> Cell Value Is>
lessthan>

=K2

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Alicia on
Thanks, that worked! Now, do you know how I can copy to all cells below? I
tried dragging down the same as I would a formula but it just copied. I'm
pretty good with dragging formulas so I'm confident that I'm doing that part
correctly.

From: Jim on
On the standard toolbar (excel 2003) there is an icon that looks like a
paintbrush. It's called a format painter. Highlight the cell where it
worked, and click on the paintbrush, and "paint" the formatting to the other
cells by dragging the brush down.

Jim

"Alicia" <Alicia(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, that worked! Now, do you know how I can copy to all cells below?
> tried dragging down the same as I would a formula but it just copied. I'm
> pretty good with dragging formulas so I'm confident that I'm doing that
> part
> correctly.
>
> "Eduardo" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> use conditional formating, highlight the cells, conditional formating,
>> where
>> the formula is enter
>>
>> =H2<K2
>>
>> choose color red
>>
>> "Alicia" wrote:
>>
>> > Is there a way to format a number cell to change to red fonts if less
>> > than
>> > another cell?
>> >
>> > Ex: Cell H2 is 29 which is less than Cell K2 which is 35.
>> >
>> > I would like to drag a formula down column H to change to red if the
>> > value
>> > is less than column K.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2