From: John Web on
If a cell value is equal to today I want the colour to change to red. I have
entered =TODAY as a conditional formatting value but the cell colour does not
change. The cell has been formatted as ddd dd mmm. Any ideas please.

Thanks in advance for any help
John
From: Jacob Skaria on
Hi John

Try the below

1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:A10). Please note that the cell reference
A1 mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell
will have a white background even after selection

2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting>

3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula
=A1=TODAY()

4. Click Format Button>Pattern and select your color (say Red)

5. Hit OK

PS: If you are using XL2007 Goto Home tab>Styles>Conditional
Formatting>Manage rules>New rule>Use a formula to determine which cells to
format. Enter the formula in the box below.

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)