From: ajayb on
Hi all,

Is it possible, on the X axis of the column chart, to make the category
width thinner? I want to be able to put the columns next to each other
without a gap, but I don't want to make the columns wider than they are (ie I
don't want to use gap width).

Many thanks

Andy
From: Del Cotter on
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
ajayb <ajayb(a)discussions.microsoft.com> said:
>Is it possible, on the X axis of the column chart, to make the category
>width thinner? I want to be able to put the columns next to each other
>without a gap, but I don't want to make the columns wider than they are (ie I
>don't want to use gap width).

First set the gap width to zero, then restore the columns to a width
that suits you by selecting the chart and dragging the frame so that the
chart is less wide.

--
Del Cotter
NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del(a)branta.demon.co.uk,
From: Joel on

ther is an overlap that goes from -100 to +100 that may do what you want.
When you double clik on a bar a menu comes up. click options. both the
Overlap and gap widtth are on this menu. try different values of both
options.