From: Amarios on
Hello all,

"the following message was sent to another ng also - with no luck ..."

i have three languages installed in my system. How can i change them through
code ?

My plan is, when a TextBox that receives only one language info gots focus
the prefered language is selected. As soon as it loses focus another is
selected.

Best regards
Marios

From: George Bashore on
Amarios try this code with 3 textboxes.
I installed Russian, Greek and English and I think this works.
I don't know Greek and Russian but something is coming up in the 2 textboxes
that I can't read.
George

Option Explicit

Private Sub Form_Load()
Text1.Text = ""
Text2.Text = ""
Text3.Text = ""
End Sub

Private Sub Text1_GotFocus()
SendKeys "%+"
End Sub

Private Sub Text2_GotFocus()
SendKeys "%+"
End Sub

Private Sub Text3_GotFocus()
SendKeys "%+"
End Sub

From: Amarios on
Hello George with thanks !

No luck. Nothing changes.

What was the meaning of sending these two characters ? Are you trying to
emulate the "Alt + Swift" procedure ?

By the way, is this possible ? I wouldn't mind doing something that lame in
order to get the job done.

Best regards
Marios

From: George Bashore on
Marios
The sendkeys are Alt + Shift which will change your keyboard language when
the textbox gets focus.
If I type in George in the Greek textbox I get "??????". If I copy and
paste that into notepad I get "Ge???e".
When I go to http://world.altavista.com/ and paste Ge???e and translate
Greek to English I get George.
George is a Greek name for farmer according to the dictionary.
What version of Windows are you using? I'm using XP Home.
Have you installed the keyboard languages in the Control Panel that you
need?
George

From: George Bashore on
Opps
The Greek letters will not post correctly. They show up as Ge???e.

> Marios
> The sendkeys are Alt + Shift which will change your keyboard language when
> the textbox gets focus.
> If I type in George in the Greek textbox I get "??????". If I copy and
> paste that into notepad I get "Ge???e".
> When I go to http://world.altavista.com/ and paste Ge???e and translate
> Greek to English I get George.
> George is a Greek name for farmer according to the dictionary.
> What version of Windows are you using? I'm using XP Home.
> Have you installed the keyboard languages in the Control Panel that you
> need?
> George
>
> "Amarios" <amario-NO-SPAM(a)in.gr> wrote in message
>> Hello George with thanks !
>>
>> No luck. Nothing changes.
>>
>> What was the meaning of sending these two characters ? Are you trying to
>> emulate the "Alt + Swift" procedure ?
>>
>> By the way, is this possible ? I wouldn't mind doing something that lame
>> in
>> order to get the job done.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Marios
>>
>> "George Bashore" <gbashore(a)bcpl.net> wrote in message
>>> Amarios try this code with 3 textboxes.
>>> I installed Russian, Greek and English and I think this works.
>>> I don't know Greek and Russian but something is coming up in the 2
>> textboxes
>>> that I can't read.
>>> George
>>>

>>> Option Explicit