From: JMay on
Using the Forms Toolbar after a few false starts (and with Excel
auto-assigning Controls using default names) I now have an Option Button 2
which shows up in the Name Drop Down box when I right-click on the actual
control.

I would like to change the name to Option Button 1 (since there isn't one)
In my standard module1 I see the

Sub OptionButton2_Click()

How can I go about doing this -- Performing a change klike this IS NOT
USER-FRIENDLY,,,

TIA,
Jim
From: Luke M on
In XL, select your object (you said, form, but the presence of code
indicates a control). In the name box (to the left of formula bar) change
the name to whatever you want. Note that if you already have code written,
you will need to reflect these changes here as well.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

From: Gary Brown on
right click on the option button, select PROPERTIES, change the 'Name'.
--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

From: OssieMac on
Hi Jim,

The controls on the Forms tool bar have a lot of limitations on the changes
you can make without using code. I suggest that you use the Controls Toolbox
Toolbar and create the controls from there. These are known as ActiveX
controls and if you should post a question on this forum relating to them
then ensure you specify they are ActiveX from the controls Toolbar.

When you first create a control from Controls Toolbox Toolbar , the Design
mode switches on automatically. Design mode is the tool bar button that looks
like a set square, ruler and pencil and turns orange when on. You need to
turn it off to use the control.

While in Design mode you can right click the control and select Properties
where you can change both the name and the caption and a lot of other
properties.

The code associated with these controls when they are on a worksheet will be
in the worksheet module. In design mode, right click the control and select
View Code and you will open the VBA editor with a sub for the click event.
(Do not change the sub name or it will not work). You can get back to the
code any time by repeating previous or just right clicking the worksheet tab
and select View Code.

At any time you want to make changes to the control, click the design mode
icon and then right click the control for properties. (Don't forget to turn
Design mode off when finished or the control will not work.)

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,

OssieMac

From: JMay on
Properties does not appear on right-clicking a Forms Option Button.