From: John on
My backup USB drive had always be assigned to the E:. Yesterday I had it
shut off when I put another USB drive in. Windows assigned E: the new drive.
Then I put in the backup drive and it appeared as F:. How every time I
connect my back up drive it is showing up as F: and not E: even tho the drive
that was E: is no longer present.

How to I get my back up USB drive back to E:?

I appreciate your help, -John
From: John Inzer on
John wrote:
> My backup USB drive had always be assigned to the E:. Yesterday I
> had it shut off when I put another USB drive in. Windows assigned E:
> the new drive. Then I put in the backup drive and it appeared as F:.
> How every time I connect my back up drive it is showing up as F: and
> not E: even tho the drive that was E: is no longer present.
>
> How to I get my back up USB drive back to E:?
>
> I appreciate your help, -John
================================
See the following article:

(307844) How to change drive letter
assignments in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307844

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: sanjacstudent14 on

"John" wrote:

> My backup USB drive had always be assigned to the E:. Yesterday I had it
> shut off when I put another USB drive in. Windows assigned E: the new drive.
> Then I put in the backup drive and it appeared as F:. How every time I
> connect my back up drive it is showing up as F: and not E: even tho the drive
> that was E: is no longer present.
>
> How to I get my back up USB drive back to E:?
>
> I appreciate your help, -John

- Log on as Administrator
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Performance and
Maintenance.
- Click Administrative Tools, double-click Computer Management, and then
click Disk Management
- Right-click the USB drive and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Click Change.
- Click Assign the following drive letter, click the drive letter that you
want to use and then click OK.
- Click Yes when prompted to confirm the drive letter change.