From: BURT on
It would mean solar system crash by planetary alignment gravity. But
of course there is no chaos only predetermined order in a stable solar
system.

Mitch Raemsch
From: GogoJF on
On Jul 11, 11:13 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> It would mean solar system crash by planetary alignment gravity. But
> of course there is no chaos only predetermined order in a stable solar
> system.
>
> Mitch Raemsch

The solar system has to be a most precise instrument in order to
continue to exist.
From: GogoJF on
On Jul 11, 11:16 pm, GogoJF <jfgog...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 11, 11:13 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > It would mean solar system crash by planetary alignment gravity. But
> > of course there is no chaos only predetermined order in a stable solar
> > system.
>
> > Mitch Raemsch
>
> The solar system has to be a most precise instrument in order to
> continue to exist.

It's durable- at least in terms of our ability- ours smarts to measure
it.
From: Sam Wormley on
On 7/11/10 11:16 PM, GogoJF wrote:
> On Jul 11, 11:13 pm, BURT<macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>> It would mean solar system crash by planetary alignment gravity. But
>> of course there is no chaos only predetermined order in a stable solar
>> system.
>>
>> Mitch Raemsch
>
> The solar system has to be a most precise instrument in order to
> continue to exist.

True in the short term.

From: Huang on
On Jul 12, 6:30 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/11/10 11:16 PM, GogoJF wrote:
>
> > On Jul 11, 11:13 pm, BURT<macromi...(a)yahoo.com>  wrote:
> >> It would mean solar system crash by planetary alignment gravity. But
> >> of course there is no chaos only predetermined order in a stable solar
> >> system.
>
> >> Mitch Raemsch
>
> > The solar system has to be a most precise instrument in order to
> > continue to exist.
>
>    True in the short term.

Chaos in the solar system. Yeah, I suppose it's quite likely to be
there, but making an observation of such a thing seems tricky. The
place you'd expect to see it is in a Poincare' slice of planetary
orbital trajectories. To build up enough data to confirm such a thing
(via observation) would take many thousands of years. Probably easier
to find it in turbulence or molecules or someplace where things are
movin a little faster.

I really wonder how chaos and perturbation theory can go together in
astrophysics. Say you had a nice chaotic attractor going and things
get perturbed by an asteroid - what then. Either it continues the same
pattern, morphs, or goes non-chaotic. Feigenbaum's constant or
something similar may have some application for that.