Prev: ssss
Next: mada faka
From: David W. Fenton on
"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne(a)SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in

> Not sure what 'shortcircuiting' refers to, David.
>
> The cases where it hasn't changed would be identified as:
> a) value is the same as it was OR
> b) value was null and still is null.

I was typing while asleep, I guess. I read your If clause as:

If (.Value = .OldValue) OR Nz(.Value) = Nz(.OldValue)) Then

In that ,case, the first comparison *is* unnecessary.

By shortcircuiting, I was referring to the idea that VBA would
evaluate only the first test and if it is True, skip evaluating the
second. But it seems that is not the case, either with If/Then/Else
or IIf() in VBA.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
First  |  Prev  |