From: James Edward Gray II on
On May 3, 2007, at 9:35 AM, anansi wrote:

> James Edward Gray II wrote:
>>>

>>> Means that: no quiz tomorrow ?!?
>> Yes. I need a short break. We will have one the following Friday
>> though.
>> James Edward Gray II
>

> Maybe someone is interested or has an idea for an unoffical Ruby
> Quiz for this week.

Have you worked all 122 quizzes? ;)

James Edward Gray II

From: Robert Dober on
BTW we missed the score of Pascal's half of a hexagon by the numbers
of edges of a pentagon (no politics involved here). I express myself
like this because I am a square head of course;)
If you get my point you will miss the line under the triangle but I
could not come up with this.
Maybe I should just have submitted ten solutions ;)

Take advantage of your break James.

Cheers
Robert

From: Christian Neukirchen on
Daniel Martin <martin(a)snowplow.org> writes:

> Just one minor nit:
>
> Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen(a)gmail.com> writes:
>
>> def luhn?(n)
>> f = 2
>> (n.delete("^0-9").reverse.split(//).map{|d|d.to_i}.
>> inject(0) { |a,e| f=3-f; a + (e*f > 9 ? e*f-9 : e*f) } % 10).zero?
>> end
>
> You do know that (e*f > 9 ? e*f-9 : e*f) is equivalent to e*f%9,
> right? So that makes this method:

I first thought that too, and it cost me 10min to find that 9%9 == 0.

--
Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen(a)gmail.com> http://chneukirchen.org

From: Martin DeMello on
On 5/4/07, Robert Dober <robert.dober(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW we missed the score of Pascal's half of a hexagon by the numbers
> of edges of a pentagon (no politics involved here). I express myself

I don't think half a hexagon is what you think it is :)

martin

From: Robert Dober on
On 5/6/07, Martin DeMello <martindemello(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/4/07, Robert Dober <robert.dober(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > BTW we missed the score of Pascal's half of a hexagon by the numbers
> > of edges of a pentagon (no politics involved here). I express myself
>
> I don't think half a hexagon is what you think it is :)
Hmm you think to know what I think, I think you know more than me than ;)

--
You see things; and you say Why?
-- George Bernard Shaw