From: Bob Ptacek on
Is there something that can be checked if the "Save" function is executed.

I have a file with a number of worksheets and I don't want a user to be able
to save it without entering some data. Once the "save" is selected I would
like to check to see if all required fields are still empty so I can display
an error
From: FSt1 on
hi
you could use the before save event to check certain cells for input.
but since you didn't give a lot of details, i can only give a overly simple
answer.
Dim r As Range
Set r = Sheets("sheet1").Range("A2")
If r = "" Then
MsgBox "the require entry at " & r.Address & " need data!"
r.Select
Cancel = True
End If
End Sub

the above only check 1 cell and cancels save if no data in the cell.
you would need to reset r to the various cells that need input. not sure how
many you have.

regards
FSt1