From: rlevesque on
On Jul 24, 1:34 pm, Peter Otten <__pete...(a)web.de> wrote:
> rlevesque wrote:
> > Unfortunately there is an other pair of values that does not match and
> > it is not obvious to me how to exclude it (as is done with the " /
> > CreationDate" pair).
> > and the pdf document is created using reportLab.
>
> I dug into the reportlab source and in
>
> reportlab/rl_config.py
>
> found the line
>
> invariant=                  0                       #produces
> repeatable,identical PDFs with same timestamp info (for regression testing)
>
> I suggest that you edit that file or add
>
> from reportlab import rl_config
> rl_config.invariant = True
>
> to your code.
>
> Peter

WOW!! You are good!
Your suggested solution works perfectly.

Given your expertise I will not be able to 'repay' you by helping on
Python problems but if you ever need help with SPSS related problems I
will be pleased to provide the assistance you need.
(I am the author of "SPSS Programming and Data Management" published
by SPSS Inc. (an IBM company))

Regards,

Raynald Levesque
www.spsstools.net
From: Peter Otten on
rlevesque wrote:

> On Jul 24, 1:34 pm, Peter Otten <__pete...(a)web.de> wrote:
>> rlevesque wrote:
>> > Unfortunately there is an other pair of values that does not match and
>> > it is not obvious to me how to exclude it (as is done with the " /
>> > CreationDate" pair).
>> > and the pdf document is created using reportLab.
>>
>> I dug into the reportlab source and in
>>
>> reportlab/rl_config.py
>>
>> found the line
>>
>> invariant= 0 #produces
>> repeatable,identical PDFs with same timestamp info (for regression
>> testing)
>>
>> I suggest that you edit that file or add
>>
>> from reportlab import rl_config
>> rl_config.invariant = True
>>
>> to your code.
>>
>> Peter
>
> WOW!! You are good!
> Your suggested solution works perfectly.
>
> Given your expertise I will not be able to 'repay' you by helping on
> Python problems but if you ever need help with SPSS related problems I
> will be pleased to provide the assistance you need.
> (I am the author of "SPSS Programming and Data Management" published
> by SPSS Inc. (an IBM company))

Relax! Assistance on c.l.py is free as in beer ;) If you feel you have to
give something back pick a question you can answer, doesn't matter who's
asking. Given that I can't answer the majority of questions posted here
chances are that I learn something from your response, too.

Peter
From: Robin Becker on
>> repeatable,identical PDFs with same timestamp info (for regression testing)
>>
>> I suggest that you edit that file or add
>>
>> from reportlab import rl_config
>> rl_config.invariant = True
>>
>> to your code.
>>
>> Peter
>
> WOW!! You are good!
> Your suggested solution works perfectly.
>
> Given your expertise I will not be able to 'repay' you by helping on
> Python problems but if you ever need help with SPSS related problems I
> will be pleased to provide the assistance you need.
> (I am the author of "SPSS Programming and Data Management" published
> by SPSS Inc. (an IBM company))
>
> Regards,
if you have any more reportlab related queries you can also get free advice on
the reportlab mailing list at

Robin Becker

From: Aahz on
In article <f496a1ac-c5b9-471c-877e-ad5334ada9ae(a)q12g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
rlevesque <raynald.levesque(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Given your expertise I will not be able to 'repay' you by helping on
>Python problems but if you ever need help with SPSS related problems I
>will be pleased to provide the assistance you need.

Generally speaking, the community philosophy is "pay forward" -- help
someone else who needs it (either here or somewhere else). When everyone
helps other people, it all evens out.
--
Aahz (aahz(a)pythoncraft.com) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"....Normal is what cuts off your sixth finger and your tail..." --Siobhan