From: Olimpiu Pascariu on
Hi,

I've used checkpatch.pl to verify drivers/staging/dt3155/dt3155_isr.c,
in order to provide a patch which fixes the errors and warnings found by
checkpatch.
The script returns the following error:
ERROR: return is not a function, parentheses are not required
#155: FILE: staging/dt3155/dt3155_isr.c:155:
+ return (dt3155_fbuffer[m]->ready_head -

The original code is:

return (dt3155_fbuffer[m]->ready_head -
dt3155_fbuffer[m]->ready_len +
dt3155_fbuffer[m]->nbuffers)%
(dt3155_fbuffer[m]->nbuffers);

I've deleted the the first open parenthesis and the last close
parenthesis, and now the code looks like this:

return (dt3155_fbuffer[m]->ready_head -
dt3155_fbuffer[m]->ready_len +
dt3155_fbuffer[m]->nbuffers)%
(dt3155_fbuffer[m]->nbuffers);

IMHO the code is correct, though an auxiliary variable could be used to
avoid this error returned by checkpatch.pl.

Regards,
Olimpiu Pascariu